The Center for Connection & Desire is now hiring therapists with areas of specialization in sexuality, couples, and gender) as well as trainers and consultants with expertise in sexuality, sexual health, and LGBTQ+ topics
About The Center for Connection & Desire
Here at The Center CD, we believe in creating a rich nurturing atmosphere for our clients and employees and giving back to our community.
The mission of The Center for Connection & Desire is to support close connected healthy intimate relationships, increase sexual self-compassion, radically reduce and challenge sexual shame, build self-empowerment, expand sex-positivity and sexual self-agency, promote pleasure as self-care, expand bodily comfort, love, & compassion, and increase comprehensive knowledge of the diversity of healthy sexuality and expression. We do this through caring and competent sex therapy, couples therapy, psychotherapy, adult sex education, and professional consulting, development, & training services.
Our purpose is to support individuals in being comfortable, confident, joyful, and connected in their bodies, their relationships, and their sexuality. We are building a fun, dynamic, and collaborative team who values working collaboratively and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
The Center for Connection & Desire lives by values that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life.
Creating strong relationships: Building strong, meaningful relationships is a basic need for all of us. We value building relationships within our community and helping our clients do the same. It’s also a hallmark of The Center for Connection & Desire to promote strong, lasting bonds within our team and to work collaboratively together and out in the community.
Serving the community: Part of our mission is to contribute to promoting wellness within the community through community involvement, speaking engagements, and financial contributions. It is our goal to reach more people and provide psychoeducational services to students, teachers & administration, and businesses through regular outreach in the community.
Invest in quality: We’re committed to providing an engaging high-quality experience for our clients and our team. Our commitment is seen in our accessible website, our fun, inviting and educational events and our quality clinical work with individuals, couples, and groups. We promote continued education for our clinicians through trainings in evidence-based practices so clients can feel safe knowing their therapist is always growing in their skills.
Promoting inclusion: We promote hiring professionals of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and specialties to better serve the diverse and unique experience of our clients. It’s also important that our business promotes a foundation of diversity, equity, and inclusivity in its culture and practice.
This team is not right for you if you’re:
- Someone just looking for a job to clock in and out of.
- Someone who doesn’t feel passion for our mission, vision, and values.
- Someone who’s not a team player or prefers not to work collaboratively.
- Someone who wants to own their own business in the near future. If that’s you, awesome! But we’re not the place for you. We dedicate a lot of time to our teams and provide the flexibility, autonomy, and space to allow each member of our team to get creative in their role. The ideal person is invested in time and energy in The Center for Connection & Desire.
- Someone who doesn’t like to hop in and help others get their work done - we highly value teamwork.
This team is perfect for you if you’re:
- Aligned with The Center for Connection & Desire's mission, vision, and values.
- Energized by helping others in a team and contributing to the growth of The Center for Connection & Desire
- Social justice-oriented and practice anti-racism work.
- Creative, engaged in doing good work and excited by furthering our mission to making wellness a down-to-earth practice.
- Able to take direct and constructive feedback and run with it.